How It Works
Carbonless is a substitute for “one time carbon or multi-use carbon paper”. Through carbonless paper one can instantly and automatically transfers a text or an image from one sheet to another by the interaction of two special coatings under the pressure of a pen or a dot matrix printer.
The carbonless system comprises of three different types of coated paper:
- CB (Coated BACK), always the top sheet. It is coated on the back with
- microcapsules. It transmits the image.
- CFB (Coated FRONT and BACK), the middle sheet. It is coated on the front
- with reactive material (CF) and on the back with microcapsules (CB). It
- receives and transmits the image.
- CF (Coated FRONT), always the bottom sheet. It is coated on the front with a
- special absorbent and reactive material. It receives the image.